Terms and conditions for payment
INTRODUCTION These terms and conditions apply to any individual (“the User”) who makes use of the online payment service (“the Service”) provided for any payment made to Trireme Pension Services (Malta) Limited (“Trireme”). Kindly read these terms and conditions carefully. By authorizing a payment to Trireme through the Service, you hereby accept these terms and conditions in their entirety. Trireme reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice. It is the responsibility of the User to have read the terms and conditions before using the Service.
KEY TERMS The following is a summary of the key terms of the Service:
- Payment(s) through the Service may only be made with a credit / debit card.
- Before using the Service, it is recommended for the User to make the necessary enquiries with their credit / debit card service provider to verify any applicable charges or fees payable against use of the credit / debit card in conjunction with the Service.
- The credit / debit card information supplied at the time of using the Service is processed by the payment gateway service provider and is not supplied to Trireme. It is the sole responsibility of the User of the Service to ensure that the information entered in the relevant fields is correct. It is recommended that the User takes and retains a copy of the transaction for record keeping purposes to assist in the resolution of any disputes that may arise out of usage of the Service.
- The User agrees, understands and confirms that his / her personal data, including and without limitation, details relating to his / her debit / credit card, transmitted over the internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and / or fraud and that Trireme and/or the payment gateway service provider have no control over such matters.
- The Service is provided using a payment gateway service provider through a secure website. However, neither the payment gateway service provider nor Trireme gives any assurance that the information so provided online by a User is secured or that it may not be read or intercepted by a third party. Trireme does not accept or assume any liability in the event of such unauthorized interception, hacking or other unauthorized access to information provided by a User of the Service.
- Trireme and/or the payment gateway service provider shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of:
a) any data, information or message, or
b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or
c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message.
Under no circumstances shall Trireme and/or the payment gateway service provider, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Service, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary, arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of, or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of, the Service or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Service.
- The User agrees that neither Trireme nor any of its employees will be held liable by the User for any loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance upon, the information contained on this website, or any failure to comply with these terms and conditions, where such failure is due to circumstance beyond Trireme’s reasonable control.
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD DETAILS:
- The User declares that the credit / debit card details provided by him / her when making use of the Service are valid and accurate and that the User shall not use a credit / debit card that is not lawfully owned by him / her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof.
- The User may pay his / her fees to Trireme by using a credit / debit card. The User warrants, agrees and confirms that when he / she initiates a payment transaction through the Service and provides credit / debit card details:
- The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card for such transactions;
- The User is responsible to ensure that the card details provided by him / her are accurate;
- The User authorizes debit of the nominated card for the payment of Trireme’s fees as indicated by the User in the transaction details given.
- The User is responsible to ensure that sufficient credit is available on the nominated card account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of Trireme’s fees as indicated by the User in the transaction details given.
NO WARRANTY: No warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, is given by Trireme in respect of the operation of the Service.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Trireme does not accept liability for any damage, loss, cost (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by the User from the use of the Service.
GOVERNING LAW: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Malta and the courts of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Any dispute arising in relation to the terms and conditions will be submitted to a sole arbitrator appointed by Trireme under the provisions of the Arbitration Act (Chapter 387 of the Laws of Malta) and any rules issued thereunder as may be amended from time to time. The venue of Arbitration shall be in Malta.
REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY:Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The information provided by the User on this website shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared with anyone. The data will neither be made accessible to third parties nor transferred in any form or manner unless required by law.
- If payment is made by means of a card that the User does not personally own, the permission of the card owner must always be obtained to make payments using the card. In using the system the User confirms that he / she has such permission.
- Information related to the credit / debit card used in payment transactions is not accessed or stored by Trireme.
- In no event will Trireme be liable for any damage, loss or expense arising directly or indirectly in connection with this website or use thereof or the inability to use this website by any person due to a delay of operation or transaction, computer virus etc.
SECURITY: This website uses a PCI compliant service provider for the secure handling of credit card details. Furthermore this website uses industry standard security for the encryption of all data to and from this website. Trireme shall not be liable for any failure by the User to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by other persons during the payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the payment process.
VARIATIONS TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:Trireme reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice and the current version will be that published on this website. Trireme reserves the right to decline the acceptance of an online payment if a User’s account is in default for any reason. Trireme may also make additions / deletions / alterations to the Service at its sole discretion. Trireme reserves the right to withdraw the Service at any time at its sole discretion.